Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beef bourguignon





I made this for my family who came up for dinner this week. It served 6, with a little left over. :)

800 g steak raw lean beef, cut into 3cm pieces

1 Red Onion 
2 clove garlic, chopped  
1 glass red wine  
1 whole dried bay leaf
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 whole stock cube, I used the Knorr Stock Pot in Beef
Handful of mushroom, (button mushrooms)
1 Red Pepper.
Water
Corn flour (enough to thicken the sauce)

I basically browned off the beef with the garlic & onions in a pan, and then chucked everything into the slow cooker with enough water to cover the ingredients. I left it to slow cook for 6 hours on medium and when tender, I added corn flour to the stock to thicken the sauce. I served it with brown rice for 6pp so it worked out as 10pp for the whole meal. :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment